All my girls

All my girls
my daughter with 4 of her 5 nieces(my grandaughters)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

my first swap block quilt

I belong to Mary Janes Farm , our local chapter is Klamath Falls Charming Chicks. We are women with farmgirl attitude. Whether you sew, bake, knit, hang clothes on a clothesline, have animals or even just have a windowsill garden, you are a gal with a farmgirl heart.  I went on the Mary Jane site and became involved in a chat for quilters.  We had a block swap in March and I received quilt blocks from different areas of the United States and I sent 2 different block patterns out to differnt ladies.  Here is my quilt I have put together.  I just need to put the binding on the edges and it will be finished.  I am so happy with it.  I have only made one quilt before this.

No comments:

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl

I can dream

I can dream
wish I was here

getting carrots

getting carrots

Billy Bird and Mom brush calves

Billy Bird and Mom brush calves
grooming Cheech and Chong to keep them friendly has become a daily chore. The calves now are about 350 pounds and were starting to not want our company so now I brush them and have created a monster with Cheech. I have discovered he loves apples and carrots. Chong however wont even smell the goodies. Now Cheech stands in front of the front porch moowing at me for his treats. After I give him his treats it is hard to get back to the house and he is very determined to find more in my pockets.