All my girls

All my girls
my daughter with 4 of her 5 nieces(my grandaughters)

Friday, August 20, 2010

job hunting

For a long time (at least it seems long to me) I have been looking for a job.
I took Social Security early and when I first moved here I was still on my workers comp. conditions from California and still in lots of pain and couldn't work.  This Feb. the case ended and I am cleared to return to the work field.  Even though technically I was cleared my back and neck didn't know that yet and I was still suffering many days and nights tormented with pain.  I don't say much to anyone about it but it is there.  Now I feel much better and I know I could work again.  This past week I went on 2 very different interviews and feel good about both of them.  Now I am playing the waiting game to see if they call.  I have a couple more applications ready to go out if I dont hear anything .  I can't live on my social securithy, I receive a little more than some people because I get widow and survivors benefits instead of just social security.  I am not old enough to be able to receive medicare so that is a real problem.  President Obamas health care hasn't helped my situation at all and there must be millions in my same situation.  How do the elderly survive?  I worked since I was 15 and all those years of paying in is not the reward you think it will be.  I had a private retirement fund but that was stolen on an idenity scam so its gone.  I know the Lord will answer prayer and put me in the right job and at his timing not mine.

1 comment:

Mary said...

April, I wish you the best of luck in your job search. Times are hard for many people now and we must be strong in out particular faith. I do want to point out that there is NOTHING in the health care legislation that should have an adverse effect on you. In fact, it should benefit you as you are definitely in need. In addition, Oregon provides low cost health care to those people who qualify. Could you be more specific in how the legislation has created a problem for you?

Again, best of luck in your job search,
Mary

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl

I can dream

I can dream
wish I was here

getting carrots

getting carrots

Billy Bird and Mom brush calves

Billy Bird and Mom brush calves
grooming Cheech and Chong to keep them friendly has become a daily chore. The calves now are about 350 pounds and were starting to not want our company so now I brush them and have created a monster with Cheech. I have discovered he loves apples and carrots. Chong however wont even smell the goodies. Now Cheech stands in front of the front porch moowing at me for his treats. After I give him his treats it is hard to get back to the house and he is very determined to find more in my pockets.